Public Policy Overview
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is a leading voice for high-quality early childhood education supported by a diverse, dynamic early childhood profession. With Americans of all political, geographic, and demographic backgrounds, we are coming together to demand investments in hiqh-quality early childhood education and early childhood educators, because we know that will make America brighter, stronger, and more competitive.
Public Policy Priorities
- Read NAEYC's Federal and State Agendas to learn how we aim to turn our vision into reality.
- Learn more about NAEYC's core Mission and Strategic Direction.
- Use NAEYC's Position Statements to guide your work on a wide variety of important issues facing our field.
- High-quality educators drive high-quality early learning. Join Power to the Profession today.
Build Your Knowledge & Skills
- Check out NAEYC's Effective Advocacy Resources to support you and your work.
- Learn more about how your state can advance ECE professional development systems—and how you can help.
- Know our history. Read about the Strong Start for Children Coalition and NAEYC's A Call for Excellence in Early Childhood Education.
- Join Children's Champions to receive updates and action alerts on federal and state early childhood policy issues
- Join America for Early Ed to mobilize on behalf of high-quality early childhood education with other educators, leaders, parents, and allies
- Visit our Action Center to find your elected officials, ways to speak out on the critical importance of high-quality early childhood education and more!
The policies, standards, and practices NAEYC develops and advocates for are based on research and evidence in child development. Our organization's public policy work at the federal, state and local levels reflects the Association’s position statements, standards for early learning programs, standards for professional preparation programs, and other resources as well as research and evidence from the field. Our issue-driven advocacy is conducted directly with policymakers and through technical assistance, materials and other support to our Affiliates and partners working on shared public policy goals and efforts.